quesAm I eligible for gratuity

dear sir/mam My name is hari prasad gupta and I works from 2009 to 30march17 in bosch ltd in jaipur by contracts basis and my current salary is 8800rs. but owner of contract removed me with the letter which is written that I created low discipline and I did not learn my proper work , on 30march17 and removed me instantly. but my discipline is good and nice and I know whole the work from my side. The contractor removed total 4 employee at a single time. those 4 employee got similar letter having me also. the behavior is also good of me and all know my good behavior. Contractor gives me 1month salary free and i signed me because I didn't know about any graduti. if police will try to know my behaviour then ok , I accept because every person know my good behavior. tell me please am I eligible for graduti if I case in court.

  • ansDear , it is difficult to say at this juncture without having seen your contract letter and conditions of that contract letter. It is ok that your employer took signature of yours but giving just one month salary is not sufficient and you can very much ask the reason for your removal . Apart from that what are the retainership/ contract agreement that one will have to see , but yes, you can go to court for relief.

    Advocate Devesh Tripathi

      Tulsi Das Marg, Jaipur

  • ansEntitlement of gratuity is continuous working of 5 years. As u have completed eligibility criteria hence you are eligible for gratuity payment. Employer have to pay the same on last salary which is u say.

    Advocate Mahesh Kushwaha

      Titardi, Udaipur

  • ansMr. hari prasad as you have said you were working on contract basis your remedies for legal actions are limited still i would like to see your appointment letter and contract on which you were appointed and your removal letter without reading i cannot give you the exact advice you require and gratuity you deserve can never be taken by anyone.. fix an appointment because without that no body can help you

    Advocate Divesh Sharma

      TIlak Nagar, Jaipur

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Pocess of compassionation appointment
I had been working as an assistant manager with a private Bank for last 4.5…

My employer did not clear my dues like gratuity etc. My employer is in Maharashtra but…

I am currently serving a bond of 3 years enforced by my employer, which i…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly