quesAdvocate not fulfilling his duty. Made my case worse. What can I do?

Where and how can I lodge a complaint against Advocates who do not work with honesty and integrity and make life difficult for their clients? I have a civil case pending for land acquisition matter at the Punjab & Haryana High Court.


I engaged a lawyer who did not handle my case and stopped attending the same in between, all of the sudden due to unknown reasons. Moreover, he did not inform me any status even. I had paid him a good amount of fee and was always dealing & requesting him politely. But he did not support and later when I came to know, my case had gone worse & was damaged.


While I suffered bad but had no option, so I transfered my case to another Advocate by paying his fee, but unfortunately the 2nd Advocate is also acting same.


What should I do?


  • ans


    You should lodge a complaint against him before the Bar Council of State stating all the material facts along with necessary evidences. Certainly the concerned Bar Counsel will take action after getting the opportunity of hearing both the parties.


    You can visit the following link to understand the procedure for filing the complaint:




    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Sir, I have recently changed my job. My notice period as per my offer…
Sir, I have called for document verification after qualifying the relevant written and computer test…
I am promoted as Audit Superintendent. Audit Officer panel approved considering the vacancies expecting Regional…

I want to change the Divorce Lawyer I had appointed for my case. I am…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly