Action against boss for threatening the employee with false charges

My cousin was working in pvt ltd company. He did not get any joining letter or appointment letter. He did not get any I cared of company. Salary was cash in hand. No proof of salary was given. The company never asked for any ID proof of my cousin who was working with them. From last few days, due to some emergency, my cousin didn't went to office and couldn't take calls of office because of some family problems. Now he decided to quit the job. He gave resignation to office and now his boss is threatening him that he will file a case of privacy act against him. Boss says that he has deleted or taken the data of company. Truth is that, he has not taken or deleted any data. The data is being kept in 2 different computers for safety. He has not done anything. Because he did not pretend planned to discontinue the office. Suggest me if there is any chances to worried or boss is just threatening him so that he can go back to office. Please reply fast

Yes you have to be worrief.However you can save your self by highligting your plight and unfair labour practice being adopted in the company to deny employees statuatory right on one hand and not paying the statuatory dues required to be made under law and not filling returns

The rule of private employment is more on hire or fire basis unless your appointment is government by contract to the contrary.
You can left the job without any legal hurdle.
Even no resignation is required on your part as private service is at will.
if he threatens you of IT-theft. You can Lodge Private Complaint for criminal intimation AS PREEMPTIVE STEP,(WITHOUT ACTION).