3 months salary not paid. Can I leave w/o serving notice period?

Company has not paid my salary for last 3 months. When I told the management that if my salary is not cleared, I shall have no option but to resign. They are threatening to initiate legal proceeding if I leave the company without serving the notice period of 2 months.

Please help.

Answers (1)

153 votes

Firstly, stopping the salary or the wages is against the right of any registered organisation. In this context, you can ask your employer in writing to release your salary as per the rules and regulations laid down, that is, releasing the salary on the 10th of each month.

Secondly, no company can take a legal action against you if you resign from the organization in conformity to your employment agreement. We suggest you to examine  your employment agreement wherein it should mention payment in lieu of notice period.

This implies, if the notice period is not served in such circumstances either of the parties shall pay 2 months of salary. If this clause is mentioned in your agreement, then as the notice period is of 2 months and salary is not paid for 3 months, you can give a formal resignation stating the appropriate reason and claim your 1 month salary.

Also, at the time of giving the handover, we suggest you to take the NO DUE CERTIFICATE and complete your Full and Final settlement.

You can further get in touch with a LABOR INSPECTOR at your local labor court with a copy of resignation acceptance and copy of appointment letter and the copy of no due certificate. 

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.        

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles