Not getting claim for my damaged Vehicle

In Insurance Law
I was driving my vehicle though heavy traffic and suddenly got hit by e-riksha from the left side and a bike from behind near Ghanta ghar chauraha of Meerut city. It happened quickly and I got freeze at the moment and not able to figure out what to do. There are multiple damages caused on the left side back door and on the car dicky ( two damage spot ) for which I have already started the procedure to claim and repair the damages. I was hoping and very positive that Shri ram general insurance will take care of these but turned out to be wrong. Surveyor has refused to cover the dicky damages and want me to bear the same saying that a bike could not cause the damage at multiple area. I mean could you justify this ? by the time I could know what was happening , the damage was already done . I called surveyor and his supervisor requesting to cover the damage of dicky as well but they keep asking me how can a bike damage this ? which part hit the car dicky ? What should i do??

Answers (1)

178 votes

you can reach the district consumer forum either by yourself or with the help of a lawyer
just describe all the facts and circumstances in your application.
hope you will get your claim with the help of consumer forum bcz these insurance company surveyor get the salary fir denying the claim

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Insurance Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles