MACT Claimant(One of beneficiaries) In UK

In Insurance Law
My father expired in a motor accident and the P&H high court in an appeal has has increased the claim from what the District MACT tribunal awarded us. The amount has been deposited by the insurer in the treasury. Now the problem is that my sister is in UK and would not be coming to India for atleast next 4-5 years and she has not executed any PoA or any other affidavit regarding the same. The process of executing one in UK is very expensive as well as cumbersome. How can the money be deposited in her account, she's ready for any vc proceedings or may be any other process that is less cumbersome and less time consuming .

Answers (1)

313 votes

Kindly tell me whether she can execute an apostille or not. Apostille due to some extent is an easy process in foreign countries. If she can does so, then it will be easy to extract the amount of award from the treasury.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Insurance Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles