How to claim Tamil Nadu new health scheme

In Insurance Law
While claiming for Cataract Surgery Up to Rs.25,000 per eye as per the GO No.202 dated 30 June 2016, but the Scheme implementing company i.e the United India Insurance Company allows only Rs.15000 for the said approved Hospital. What to do sir? As per the GO: The employees and their eligible family members covered under the scheme shall avail assistance upto the limit of Rupees Four Lakh in a block of four years commencing from 1-7-2016 as a CASHLESS model for the approved treatments/surgeries. The upper limit of medical assistance for cataract surgery shall be Rs.25,000/- per eye.

Answers (1)

312 votes

It is not clear whether you are coming under the category of govt employee or general public. For the scheme for the general public the concerned insurance company is the United India insurance and find out from them why they are restricting the amount to 15000/ per eye . If it is against the existing guidelines you can take up the matter with the insurance ombudsman in chennai.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Insurance Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles