Daughter wants to add parents in medical claim policy in family plan

To whom it may concern, I am a 35 yr single female planning to get a Mediclaim policy but everytime I am unable to do so because I want to take family plan including my parents.As per the banks a son can include their parents but a daughter can't.i have this question that is there any ruling which says so? And if yes, why such discrimination..as being single my parents are my responsibility too. Kindly help me by giving your valuable advice

Hi dear!
You are absolutely right there is clear discrimination in law with regard to the definition of Family, wherein parents are not included! It is not the fault of the either bank or the insurance company coz Law doesn’t permit to include parents in the definition of family! I would suggest, we can file a writ petition for the change/amendment to be made in law, wherein parents would be included in the definition of family. But yes off course this would be long battle as this completely a constitutional issue! Please do contact me through lawrato if you’re willing to fight for the battle! Not only you, many people who are aggrieved will respect to the same. Rest we can discuss in detail once we have a meeting.

Regards,
Renuka Sahu
Advocate Supreme Court!

Popular Insurance Lawyers