Wife filed false 498A case twice, no money to pay compensation

My wife filed false 498a and related cases two times and I am really surprised that police registered complaint both time without any evidence and judge accepted both the application. Both complaint were registered within one month period. It has been more than 2 years since i have lost my business and have no income since then. Even though my wife is qualified and is capable of earning but no court is not saying anything about that and put a burden on me of approx 6000+ Rs in two cases. Can someone help me on this?

Answers (4)

213 votes

regarding your 2 cases you may file for seeking relief u/s 482 cr.p.c. before the hon'ble high court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

348 votes

In your case police has registered complaint and Judge has accepted both applications. You must first obtain Anticipatory Bail immediately otherwise you may be arrested . Woman cannot withdraw complaint or FIR u/s 498A . If the police have not filed a chargesheet yet, you can approach HC u/s sec 482 CrPC and request HC for Quashing the proceedings or stay of arrest. You will have to give maintainance regardless of outcome under 498A . Try to compromise and reconcile with your wife and in that case you can contact some Advocate resolving the entire matter through appropriate statements of your wife.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
313 votes

I'll file FIR QUASHING WRIT PETITION in the high court for the 2nd FIR immediately with all the evidences against your wife. This is very important for u. And burden of proof is yours that you will not pay 6000/- per month because of your economic condition.

158 votes

Sir, it so appears that you have been directed to pay maintenance in two cases but two applications of 125 Cr.P.C. aren't maintainable but in two different proceeding, maint3 may be allowed twice but keeping in view the consolidated quantum and not only on the basis of speculation. Moreover the case under section 498-A, if deemed to be a continuing offence, can't invite double prosecution so there are fair opportunity of quashing of the subsequent FIR.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles