Husband is treating me with Cruelty what are my legal rights

my marriage date is 14th May 2015 . my husband is a soldier OR in indian army. everything was fine excluded some small issues from inlaws. but from 23rd April 2016 things are changed so soon. my husband give mental toture and abuse me till now my whole family specially my mother father. my parents supports him to purchase a plot in lucknow that's the main point. initially plot was on my father's name now because of issues it's on my husband name. but then so he is creating problem and make a tension for my whole family day by day. Two main things - my whole inlaws needs money specially my husband . 2nd thing- they were want a girl like 5th pass. I am graduate . now tell me what i do? hindu

Answers (5)

203 votes

You have not told about where r u staying at present. If at there seems to problem with your parents then he at all treating you with cruelty. Please discuss your case in detail so as I could nicely advice you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

166 votes

1. आपने यह स्पष्ट नहीं किया कि आप इस समय ससुराल में रह रहीं हैं अथवा मायके में....!
2. आपकी समस्या कोई अधिक जटिल नहीं है , अतः मेरा सुझाव है कि आप दोनों पक्ष आपस में एक साथ बैठकर बात करें ; निश्चित ही बात बन सकती है ।
3. यदि ऐसा संभव नहीं हो तो फिर आप चाहें तो न्यायालय में " घरेलू हिंसा से महिलाओं का संरक्षण अधिनियम 2005 " के अन्तर्गत परिवाद दायर कर सकतीं हैं ।

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
186 votes

Dear Enquirer,

You can file a complaint for reconciliation to The Protection Officer of your District who will mediate between you and your in Laws and Husband .They will ensure that such domestic violence do not occur to you in near future if it happens again they will forward complaint in Civil Court on your behalf submitting their report Under Protection of Women under Domestic Violence Act. 2005 where you can get a relief of separate household in same share household accommodation(You can even restrain your in laws to enter into that area ),Maintenance,Return of your Sitridhan,Cost of mental harassment and above all protection orders which will restrain them from such violent activities etc.You can make a stay orders an interim relief in the same application where your husband property will get restrained and it cannot be alienated as you have a beneficial interest as a wife. Don't forget to add your father paper such as bank payment which shows that the property was purchased with the financial support of your father.It is suggested not to file a separate case like 125 for Maintenance,406 for Criminal breach of trust,498 etc under CRPC Act as This Act covers everything and has a time bound proceeding .You will have such orders by six to eight months in your hand.It is further suggested not to file Domestic Violence Complaint directly as serving of notice and compliance or orders becomes difficult without the support of Protection Officer at last but most importantly always make a attempt to resolve the issue through mediation first .Don't let the mediation opportunity go may be with mediation support your husband and in-laws are able to understand your value and start treating well.All the best.

215 votes

you filed a case in police station against husband and his family for mental cruelty and dowry . they all of in jail with in month . and demand a maintenance. you are half partner your husband property and all assets .. that why he cant do anything

350 votes

File a case for divorce, based on cruelty against inlaws & husband. Along with interim maintenance , collect all the evidence , photo, audio, letters etc contact a lawyer . Get salary slip of your husband for evidence.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles