How to quash a false 498A case against me

How to quash a false 498A case against me and how long it will take?

Answers (4)

150 votes

for quashing a criminal complaint you have to move the concerned High Court u/s 482 CR PC detailing the ground for quashing the case against you. The time duration depends upon the pendency in the concerned High Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

221 votes

You have to approach before honarable High court . If the court find that there is no material to attract the ingredients of Section 498A the court will definitely quash the first information report...

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
198 votes

1.How to quash a false 498A

Ans -Please File a CrMC before the High Court under section 482 of CrPC To quash FIR registered under section 498 A IPC.

2.How long it will take ?

Ans- Can't anticipate time as the same depends upon court load of work and other factors

171 votes

Approach the concerned high court to quash it under section 482,of crpc...that is the inherent power of high court..the things required is the complaint copy and the Oder sheet of the case and the may take a month and sometimes less than that or more

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles