How to put 498a case on fast track

In a 498A case.. Chargesheet has been filed and after that we are getting dates after dates.. I want my lawyer to wrap this case up sooner because we have gone for MCD, first petition filed in which withdrawal of 498A is agreed upon. If I am asking my lawyer to apply for my exemption from personal appearance he says that can be done after framing of charges. I may have to travel abroad related to job during next hearing. How can I apply for permission to travel abroad.

Answers (1)

101 votes

If you have already filed for a mutual consent divorce and that at the time if first motion the case it to be withdrawn then the complaints will have to do that. You lawyer can only be present at the time of withdrawal of case. Secondly exemption can be filed before framing of charges also if you cannot put forward your appearance due to some reason

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles