Criminal 498A filed by my brother wife against the entire family

My brothers wife has filed 498A against all family members. No family member was ever in toch wih my brother and his wife after their marriage ever. POilce called us saying 498A as ben filed against you all. They need to submit report. What is thee entier process of 498A. How do i get to make this completely null and void or to say its completely false against me.

Answers (3)

114 votes

Dear client.
I just seen your query regarding false case on your family members by your brother wife.

it might be happened because it's probably by lodging complaint against husband by the wife.

I Don't know whether you had engaged councel or not, how many days gone lodged of complaint.
you got Bail or not.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

178 votes

You must file a criminal petition before High Court under s. 482 of CrPC and quashed the FIR and Complaint. The Supreme Court has said in number of cases that the in laws of the husband should not be troubled between a Husband Wife Dispute.
Advocate Jamal Sait

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
257 votes

Dear Sir,
The Supreme Court says that 498A case can be made out against her husband but if there is no direct evidence there are 90% of chances of getting deleted the names of other family members if you challenge before High Court under Section 482 of CrPC.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles