Anticipatory Bail in 498A rejected by lower court

My AB has rejected from high court .when I have filled slp in supreme court. Then sc have given a direction to lower court. I have asked to many advocate in concern lower court .all are advised that magistrate will reject & custody.SC have given direction 27th July in same case and same bench.please suggest that how can get AB.

Answers (3)

331 votes

There is no problem if your anticipatory bail gets rejected from lower court in 498A matter as this is normal. After it gets rejected from lower court file it in High Court from where you will definitely get a relief as the in the matter of 498A generally the court adopts a liberal approach in granting bail.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

268 votes

Dear Client, in the present scenario, you should go for regular bail now. You should file surrender cum bail petition in the respective lower court. The chances for getting regular bail is more than anticipatory bail.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
132 votes

What has been mentioned in the Supreme Court's order ? Whether it has directed that you will surrender before the concerned court and upon surrendering, the concerned court will grant you bail after furnishing bail bond? If yes, then there will be no problem & the concerned court is duty bound to act/pass order in accordance of SC direction. it is better to contact me for just and proper advice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles