Legal action against girlfriend for cheating

I love a punjabi girl and she said she loves me and more than that. But now she is not accepting me. As I am a odia brahmana. I told her before accepting her but she said my family will not allow to marry. What will I do?

Answers (4)

226 votes

There is no such law that will punish the girl in this case. Therefore it's better to move on in your life. Love relationship gets complicated in various ways and this is the one. So be strong and move on. All the best for your future.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

215 votes

Is there any document from which you will establish that you had any relation with that girl ? Is there any document of moneytary trasanction between you both then we can take steps against the girl .

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
232 votes

Dear client,
As per your question the girl only denied to marry with you as because you are a odia Brahmin. So no offence she has committed with you as per law. If there is any unethical or illegal occurance happened with you such as financial cheat or any mental or physical harassment or life threat etc then you can take help the proper court of Law.

192 votes

You can't do anything.
It is her choice.
You would have right to enforce her joining your society had you entered marriage.
But as there was no marriage in any manner mere love or an utterrance in a spur of moment can't entitle you to pose yourself as husband.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles