False charge of 406 along with 498a what to do

Section 406 story is fabricated by my wife along with 498a.caw cell counselling failed.fir registered also.no notice recieved yet from police .am tensed as it is criminal charge.we are ready to return all items including jwellery .she herself has not picked from our house.if we return it or police recover it would there be any conviction .we never denied .we just said that we will give through court.no list is submitted to me yet.further there is false allegation that my mother taken jwellery and not returned.would gold given to me my father and mother on marriage also covered under stridhan?all bills are on wife name!

Answers (4)

86 votes

File for anticipatory bail and have it transferred to Mediation and settle the matter there so that FIR can be closed by the Magistrate.
In the anticipatory bail, you could contest the matter on merits.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

263 votes

As both 406 and 498A IPC being a Non Bailable offence we can move anticipatory bail to appropriate court in case FIR is registered.
We can also file a counter case in this regard.
Feel free to contact me
All the best

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
87 votes

Please don't worry.Nothing Coearsive is going to happen.For jewellery she has to file a recovery Suit.Crimanal action has to do with some act which law recognize as crime.what you have mentioned do not disclose any crime.Now a days as per supreme Court guidelines normally charge sheet is filed without arrest and court issues notice and you have to just move bail and get bail as per law.

344 votes

Dear client ..................................



........................provide the full disclosure of facts so that proper and appropraite guidance be provided to you

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles