Case filed under ipc sec 324 for beating student with stick what to do

sir i am a teacher. i beat a student with a stick for two beatings mildly due his indiscipline . the student filed a false case against me under ipc sec 324.during invstigation 75% of the students said in favour of me.25% of students said as it is the report given to media by him.he also has afalse medical certificate with this situatuation what should i can i proceed further.and also how the police can file the case uder 324.i beat him with astick.then how can they file under 324 not under can i proceed further on police for filing wrong sections

Answers (3)

172 votes


Do you have any apprehension that Police may arrest you?, whether FIR has been registered?, if so better you go for anticipatory bail, both section you have mentioned speaks about grievous hurt, 324 grievous with strong weapons, if Police filed under wrong sections you can very well fight against that like quash the FIR .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

189 votes

Dear Sir, Good Morning, You are not right, Indian Penal Code section 323 is used for causing of bodily injury only which is considered not severe in nature but section 324 is used against severe in nature causing of bodily injury with strick because you have used a stick -a weapon to beat the boy though the nature of injury may be mild, but using of stick is considered by law as weapon to attack a person that too a student is an offense. Do not worry, now a days people are more nervous against teacher's punishment to student, which they donot like , On those days, where people are very friendly with parents and will always say to the teacher, to beat his son allover body except his eyes till finishing study. But the situation has changed, if police are harassing you please get anticipatory Bail by a consulting a lawyer in your place. Regards, Selvam.S Advocate, Madurai .

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
274 votes

Sir wether section 324 or 323 once you committed a offence that if necessary the court will pass the order any time after getting proper documentary evidence or based on the witness now don't thing about that you have to convenience tha student parent and trying to get the apology otherwise you have to face problem.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles