How to compromise over a case U/S 323 of IPC

In Criminal Law
I m a govt doctor..i have lodged f.i.r against two people in 323, 353 ipc..they lodged cross fir in 323 ipc against can we compromise now?

Answers (2)

244 votes

Section 323 is compoundable offence u/s 320 of Cr.P.C. and the compounding of an offence in this manner has the effect of the acquittal of the accused. For closing the case against you, you have to file an application before the Court, where the case is being tried, mentioning therein that you have compromised the matter with the affected person.

It is better if the affected person also files his affidavit alongwith this petition that he has compromised the matter with you and that he has no objection if the FIR and the criminal proceedings against you are quashed.

If there is a written compromise, a copy of the same should also be filed alongwith the petition. The court ordinarily send/refer the case to the Lok Adalat for settlement and disposal, if the offence is compoundable. In practice, the people mostly file a Criminal Miscellaneous Main petition in the High Court under section 482 Cr.P.C for quashing of the FIR and for quashing of the criminal proceedings pending in the trial court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

332 votes

Sir, as per ur statement u lodge for against two person us 323,353 and cross fir against u us 323 ,sec 323 is compoundable so any time party can widro and in 353 hostile witness then settle the matter rest on at the of see

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles