Law to file a compromise petition of ipc 307 case

Is there any law to file a compromise petition of ipc 307 case

Answers (5)

344 votes

such cases can not be compounded and thus no permission can be given by court.
can be process by mutual quashing by parties.
Section 307 makes a distinction between an act of the accused and its result, if any. Such an act may not be attended by any result as far as the person assaulted is concerned, but still there may be cases in which the culprit would be liable under Section 307.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

97 votes

Time and again Supreme Court as well as various High Courts have pronounced that a case U/s 307 iPC can't be compounded.
Once a court of Sessions takes cognizance of offence case U/s307 IPC and charge is framed the only course is to face the trial.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
135 votes

Dear client,
As per the provision law of sec 307 ipc is not a compoundable offence. But as a general practice the matter can be amicable settled between both parties outside the court and the witness denied the prosecution case before the court and also stated before the honble court the matter amicable settled between us and not to proceed the case. The compromise petition is not accepted as a documentary evidence.

270 votes

307 ipc is not compromisable , all depends upon the facts and circumstances .... Cosult a lawyer for better assistance ................................ .......................................

251 votes

File a 482 petition in High Court for quashing the case initiated u/s 307. It is bit hopeless that the matter can be quashed but still let's hope for the best because there are judgements which can be sited before the High Court for quashing.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles