What to do if cheque bounces even after having a sufficient balance

Hi, Let me know the procedure of cheque bounce even sufficient balance, what can i do...

Answers (3)

91 votes

Dear Sir, As per my knowledge and information

The Cheque Bounce will not happen if the sufficient funds are available. Only in the case of Insufficient funds only shows insufficient balance or else The cheque is returned unpaid because the amount available in that account is insufficient for making the payment of the cheques.

You can file a case against him for dishonor of cheque payment.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

200 votes

please issue a notice to the payee who issued any instructions for stopagge of payment basing on the endorsement of the bank given giving 15 days from the date of receipt of notice and file a complaint under sections 138 & 142 of NI ACT

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
240 votes

if the cheque bounces due to insufficient balance inspite of sufficient balance then bank is liable to pay you damages and there cannot be a cheque bounce case against you. but if the cheque bounces because of other reasons like account closed, or signature differs etc, then you are liable for punishment for cheque bounce case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles