What is the procedure to be followed in case of cheque bounce

Have a cheque of 5000 rs from a person which is bounced because of insufficient balance. Now advocate demand 4000 rs for applying this matter in court. Is it worth that for 5000 rs I have to pay 4000 rs to an advocate. What is your advice in this matter

Answers (2)

58 votes

you can negotiate with your lawyer, further court will award you the litigation cost. .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

282 votes

After the cheque is bounced you are bound to send the concerned person a legal notice for initiating proceedings under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act.

If within 15 days the payment is not made you can register a complaint under section 138 of NI act which is a criminal proceeding. This needs to be filed within 30 days of the completion of 15 days of the notice delivery date.

Alongwith that you can file a recovery suit / summary suit in the concerned civil court simultaneously.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles