What can be done if cheque got bounced

I sold out three sparingly used carpets to a lady in Delhi for Rs.12,000/-. She gave me a post-dated cheque in first week of September 2016. The cheque was dated 15th October, 2016. I trusted her and deposited it in my account with SBI, Maya Enclave. The cheque was returned to me on account of insufficient funds in her account. I informed the lady on telephone. She promised to pay me the money on 5th December, 2016. In spite of repeated requests on telephone she has not cared to pay me the above amount. I am an 79 yrs old and suffering from arthritis. Knowing this she has deceived me as she knows I cannot move about much. I do not know what to do. Please advise what action can be taken..

Firstly legal notice send to the lady for cheque amount as soon as possible. After that cheque bounce case be filed against the lady under section 138 of Negotiable instrument Act. Its a criminal complaint.

You can send a legal notice demanding repayment of the amount given by you through your legal representative, otherwise a case under section 138 N.I act shall be made upon the lady as she has given you the cheques with malafide intention and had no plans of paying the same.

You deposit the same cheque and get it bounced again and contact a lawyer to send a legal notice within 30 days of getting it bounced. She has to reply the notice in 15 days if receiving of notice if she dont you can file a suit.

You can a file a case against her for cheating and criminal brach of trust along with a case under section 138 of the negotiable instruments act , you need to send her a legal notice for that and if ahe does not answer or avoid the legal notice then you can proceed with the case by filing it into the court of your jurisdiction