Verbal Partnership Agreement Partner Now Claims Forgery, Theft

I joined my Partner Business in 2008 where he was un able to give his attention to business due to prior commitment. We entered in a verbal agreement of partnership and I took over the business in Good Faith, Business is a registered Proprietorship business under his wife Over the years the business I invested my own money, paid lot of bills via on credit card, started a website all with my own money, business started growing but he delayed the process of partnership deed and continued to postpone the process for some other reason verbally During the Struggle and tiring time my family supported me in every way, with my brother joining the business to support the growth, My brother was made authorized signatory for business as his wife could not attend the business office every day. As we grew he started to sideline me, and took over the control of the business After years of denial of my partnership ship right, I started a new firm. After knowing this he has filed a police complai

Answers (2)

178 votes

Looks like you are in a confused state of mind. Please clarify whether the partnership you entered into in 2008 belongs to your brother and his wife or somebody else ? What is the nature of complaint lodged with Police ?

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

173 votes

You can file a civil suit and criminal case as well. You need to put merits at place to properly channelize your prayer to the court. If it's case of extreme urgency then you can file a writ petition with High court. You can also make a Complaint to your nearest police station and take a NC as a counter. Compile chronological sequence of events with transactional proof and supporting documentation. Don't worry you shall get your dues.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles