Submission of non CTS cheques for due amount

Dear Sir/Madam, One of our consignment agent not paid the due amount since 3 years and not responding to our letters, we are having old non CTS Cheques can we present these cheques for due amount to proceed for filing a civil suit under Section 138 of NI act

Answers (1)

216 votes

non cts cheque can be presented and bounced until and unless the bank refuses to take it and you can file a 420 case but not 138 case as the debt is three years old which is a time barred debt and can't claim under 138 NI Act you can file a 420 case for cheating against him

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles