Remedy available if my cheque has bounced

My friend had filed cheque bounce case of Rs 250000 and we settled it in between with court permission to repay it in 5 installments with gap of 7 months in every installments but my father expired last month and I couldn't pay him first emi due to medical expenses of my father. Now my first emi bounced ....what would happen in this case..how can court recover from me..I have no property in my name...property was in name of my father and there is loan from bank on the property. Pls suggest..

This is contempt of court, you should at the earliest possible appear in the court with an application, explaining the emergency and must try to get some extension of time on humanitarian grounds. In some jurisdictions, courts allow such extensions on exceptional grounds. Other wise, the court may issue warrant in such an event, so you must appear in the court before issuance of such warrants.

For further doubts, feel free to contact me

In this case, person can show his bonafide that his first installment has been due , due to such reason by filing an application.. now court has to consider whether his bonafide is genuine or not.. if you are ready to pay the installment ..