Procedure to take action for cheque bounce cases

A person gave me three one lakes rupee SBI cheque in 2017. All the cheque are bounced. Local police did not interested about this matter. I want to know, where am I go for solve this matter with out court case ?

Answers (3)

79 votes

you have to take /initiate legal procedure against that person to realise those bounced cheques amount only under the provision of the Negotiable Instrument Act. there is no other way to solve the matter without court case. you can also lodge complaint for cheating against that person before police station.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

225 votes

When did the cheque got bounced?If 30 days have not elapsed from the Bank official notification that the cheque is bounced due to insufficient fund.You need to send a legal notice to the drawer asking pay of the debts with 15days of notice,if he fails to do so then you can file a case U/S 138 of N.I. Act of 1881.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
72 votes

When your cheque are bounced. From date of bouncing of cheque, you have to give a notice within 15 days. If payment received with in 15 days then OK otherwise you have to file the complaint case before the Chief Judicial Magistrate.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles