Procedure to get back amount in case of dishonored cheque

How can I file a case on cheque bounce,to get back my amount,

Answers (4)

313 votes

First of all you have to issue a notice to the person who have issue the cheque which was dishonour by calling him to pay the amount covered under that cheque and suppose if he fail to repay by the due than u got an option of filling the complaint against him under section 200 of CRPC under offence of 138 of NI Act before the learned magistrate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

58 votes

Sir you have to file a case in court stating that someone has issued a cheque to you and the same has been dishonor by the bank and file a case in court with all the other information that you have given him

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
233 votes

This suggestion only. First you have to contact your nearest advocate, explain your cheque details, after bounced the said cheque he has to issued the notice and therafter he file the case against your friend who issued the cheque before the honble court. On merits judgement come out.

123 votes

Hai Sir/Madam, Do serve a demand legal notice immediately by an advocate demanding repayment of money. If he does not pay within 15 days do file a case within 30 days with respect to cheque bounce case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles