Procedure and court fees to file cheque bounce case in court

My friend taken a loan 5,00,000 on my name. He is stopped paying emi amount for last 7months. In mutual trust and no written document with My friend. He has given his cheque in my name when he is not paying. Now i posted cheque and it get bounced. Please advise me that i can file a case against on him? How much i need to pay court pay fees in Bangalore Court. What would be percent?

Answers (3)

214 votes

Hi...u can file a case against your friend but after geting notice from the bank pertains to cheque bounce you have to send legal notice to your friend. regarding fees it depend upon lawyers.
Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

142 votes

First you have to issue legal notice to the accused. Take the bank acknowledgement and cheque to advocate and issue the legal notice. If you don't receive reply or reply with denial yo can file complaint before magistrate court before lapse of 45 days so contact us through our documents.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
270 votes

Dear sir /madam,

Sure you can file a case against your friend. But all you have to do is send a legal notice within a month soon after cheque bounced. After 15 days from notice only can file a case.
Please find the below provided details on court fee-
Court Fees or Stamp Duty that is to be paid whiling filing the case under Section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 and subjected to quantum of amount that is due. Kindly refer the following Court Fees under said Act –
For Cheque Amount Court Fees
1 INR 0/- to 50,000/- INR 200/-
2 INR 50,000/- to 2,00,000/- INR 500/-
3 INR 2,00,000/- AND ABOVE INR 1000/-

Thank you.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles