Person who stole my cheque threatening me to get me behind bars.

as my cheque is stolen by a person who is known to me he is not demanding the money but torturing me saying that he will put me behind the bar. i have never received a money from him still he is torturing me. that person is influenced person in the city his intention is to torture me

As a first step you need to file a police complaint intimating about lost of your cheque leafs in details i.e. with cheque number, Bank, Branch details etc. and obtain an acknowledgment to that effect.