Person gives cheque with wrong sign from that which is given in bank

i gave a person 25000 cash he give me cheque for future date but with different signature from his signature given in bank. Now he refuse to give me money back what can i do legally?

Answers (3)

317 votes

Get you cheque dishonoured. Then see what reason the bank has mentioned for not honouring the cheque. As a general rule if on the date of presentation of cheque for encashment there is sufficient amount in the account and the payment is stopped 138 NI ACT will not apply. It all depends what the bank mentions on return memo.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

279 votes

You can move to court or police to file criminal case u/s420/406 Ipc and also under negotiable instrumental act 138 but before register case give a notice to opposite party then wait 45 days for response and prescribed in act

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
89 votes

This cheque must have bounced. File a cheque bounce case against this fellow. Contact a local Lawyer so that he may help you with filing s cheque bounce case under the Negotiable Instruments Act......

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles