Party bounced my cheque which was given for security purpose

I have given blank cheques for security purpose and after I resigned they are claiming to pay a sum of amount and I am talking to the main brach to resolve my issue and the talkings are still going on, but suddenly I got a call that I have received some notice and I am not there in home and I didn't receive the notice yet, within how many days that I need to take the notice and how can I defend my self in this issue

Dear Sir
In your case do you have any evidence about those empty cheques issued to your employer. if you have there is no problem.
About receipt of notices, you can avoid that soe time, but it is not adviseble, if notice comes to your address, you receive it and engage the counsel and approach the court.