Legal defense to be taken if cheque gets dishonoured

My dad went with an agreement to make plots with a business man,we have our own land where we made lot of things in favour of the business man such as getting valid papers ,cleaning and marking of the entire land clean and tidy.The agreement stated the business man has to pay 18lac but he failed to do so we received 7 lac as an advance.We came into his words we never made a point in the agreement as of interest return what so ever happen.He vanished for 6 months with our pass books.We received notices from him with an interest on it saying your check has been dishonored .Well Dad said to stop the check and I did that online .Recently we received a someone from court as my dad is suffering from tongue cancer too aggressive and we spend most of the money on treatment what are my chances to fight or what so ever.What legal steps should be taken?

Dear Client,
Don`t worry. Consult expert advocate. He will give suitable advise. Without any legally subsisting debt, your father not be held liable for offence. If any summons received from court by your father, he must attend the court. Engage an expert advocate for defend your case. You must assist your father for answering the queries put by court. No need to worry. Project the case with valid defense. Choose an expert advocate, who deals in cases under Negotiable Instruments Act.

Dear Sir,

The fact has to be known as to why your father issued a cheque to the businessman? Did your father issued the said cheque as part of the payment terms under agreement and the same is mentioned in the agreement? The agreement as well as the notice your father received from the businessman have to be perused to render proper advice. Contact a lawyer and take his help.