land lord blackmailing for cheque bounce

we were paying our rent through post dated cheque. one of our cheque of rs. 80,000 got bounced. our land lord not informed us about it. after we got details of cheque bounce we were ready to pay full amount and also penality for it but he refuse to accept it and file a case against us. rental agreement is in between he and my sister. now he is harrassing her and demanding 15 lakh as a penality. plz suggest some way to sort out all this. my mother and my sister is in depression due to all this plzz help us.

Hello
You have not mentioned in your query that whether landlord has filed any case or not .any way you can give amount of cheque on date when he send any legal notice even you can deposit amount in court when he filed case of cheque amount

Don't worry about cheque case, you appear before the court and show your intentions to pay the said amount, if he not agree, then fight the case and make defence of your facts in relevant stages of evidence,cross examination of other party, his story of 1500000 is false bring this fact before the court.

You can make payment within 15 days after receiving notice of court, then offenc will be compound, as per supreme court judgement....and section 138 Negotiable Instrument Act , will not attracted when date of dishounerd of cheque, you has not any liability ....