Issued a cheque to help got bounced can he take legal action

Section 138 negotiable intruments act, i had given a chq to a relative for his help it ahs got bounced now that guy is preaching me to pay. is it possible for him to use the law agaisnt me? and if yes what procedures he needs to follow?

In case of a cheque bounce case, the payee need to send a legal notice to the payer in which the payer is bound to make the payment in 15 days of receipt of a legal notice. If a payer fails to pay the amount, the payee can file a criminal complaint to recover the amount.