How to proceed in a cheque bounce case

can i report in police against check bounce?

Answers (5)

126 votes

No. Police report is not the way to lodge complaint. First you have to send one demand notice through a lawyer to the party for the amount due and after that ..................if amount is not paid then you may proceed in accordance with law withing the stipulated period by lodging complaint before the Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

207 votes

If there is any criminal offense in particular matter, then you can file police complaint. Otherwise you need to go with court proceedings. If any criminal offense in particular matter then you have to take action. you need to take action thru the advocate.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
181 votes

In case of cheque bounce,
First you give notice under provision of the negotiable instrument act 1881 within 30day from dishonor of cheque. And demand cheque amount. If he/she fail to make payment within 15 days from the service of notice, You can file a complaint against the account holder who have sing cheque within 30 day
You should give notice under provision and proper details

90 votes

cheque bounce is criminal offence but you don't need to go to police for that, for cheque bounce you need to send notice through your advocate and give him 15 days time to pay the amount of cheque by dd or cash if the other party fails to do so than you can file court case against him within the period of 30 days after completion of 15 days time.

278 votes

You will have to send the opponent a legal notice within 30days from the date of the return memo, requesting to pay the amount within 15days from the receipt of the said notice. If your outstanding amount is not settled within that time period, you can file a criminal case against the accused within further 30 days.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles