How to get my money back from accused

In Cheque Bounce Law
During the first hearing,the accused(my friend)absconded from court instead,her lawyer filed bail application basis health issues.In second hearing,she was asked to pay bail fee & security deposit to court.Her lawyer openly challenges us that he'll free her by proving 5.5 lakh lent to her as false.We had lent that money for her mom's medical & death expense,which was all a big lie found later.She's signed her cheque given,hand loan agreement,letter in police station,lawyer notice & summon with same signature.After our struggle in police station,she agreed to return the money but having found that she was a seasonal fraud, we were asked to file a legal case.Now we've taken it up legally with the hope of recovering our money. Kindly let me know if the law will support us?How long will this case be on? In case of false allegations and wasting court time, will she or her lawyer be penalised or warned? Being pregnant & a victim, the health issues faced were a lot.Will she be punished?

Answers (2)

119 votes

It appears u have already filed a case for d offence u/S.138 of NI Act. It's not clear as to why did u obtain agreement n other documents in police station. What documents u have got to show payment of .Rs5.5 lakhs.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

169 votes

There is no time limit to get dispose of your case, rest assured. You may file civil suit for recover cheque amount which may bring pressure on her. If she is government employee then you write to her boss to suspend her on the ground of moral turpitude. There are thousand and one ways to recover the money and to teach her a lesson provided you are brave and co-operate with your chosen advocate.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
38 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles