How to defend a cheque bounce case

Hello Sir/Madam, Myself Nirmal bagul. I have Given a cheque to person named S.T.Patil in 2012 after that i gave him cash and asked him to return me back the cheque so he told that he lost that cheque. and after 5 months he deposited the cheque in bank and changed the date from 2012 to 2013 he made 2 look 3 and as i wasnt having sufficient balance that cheque got bounce..he filed a case against me kindly please help me what can i do..??

If you are sure that the date on cheque has been altered, you need to contest the matter and file an application under section 45 of Evidence Act before the Court for sending the cheque to a forensic expert to determine the alternation and once the alteration is proved, you are entitled for acquittal. Lot of people have been acquitted on the ground of material alteration of instruments (Cheque). You can also find many decided cases in your favour.

Dear client u have to defend yr case in court. Tell court that u had made payment of amount. If u have proof regarding payment then submit that in court. For any legal help call me

Adv Prasad Patil

Pune