How to defend a cheque bounce case

Hello Sir/Madam, Myself Nirmal bagul. I have Given a cheque to person named S.T.Patil in 2012 after that i gave him cash and asked him to return me back the cheque so he told that he lost that cheque. and after 5 months he deposited the cheque in bank and changed the date from 2012 to 2013 he made 2 look 3 and as i wasnt having sufficient balance that cheque got bounce..he filed a case against me kindly please help me what can i do..??

Answers (2)

313 votes

If you are sure that the date on cheque has been altered, you need to contest the matter and file an application under section 45 of Evidence Act before the Court for sending the cheque to a forensic expert to determine the alternation and once the alteration is proved, you are entitled for acquittal. Lot of people have been acquitted on the ground of material alteration of instruments (Cheque). You can also find many decided cases in your favour.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

190 votes

Dear client u have to defend yr case in court. Tell court that u had made payment of amount. If u have proof regarding payment then submit that in court. For any legal help call me

Adv Prasad Patil


Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles