Gave money to a friend not returning gave a blank cheque

Hi, one of my close friend lend money of 6.5 lakh rupees from me in emergency. I paid the maximum amount in cash and as she was very close to me I doesn’t took any of the proof except a Cheque and a promissory note. And she gave a blank Cheque and a promissory note(with revenue stamp) with just a signature and nothing written on it. It’s been over a year that she took money, and later I came to know that intentionally she put the wrong signature on the Cheque. and over 5months ago she went to overseas on her post graduate studies visa, she is insisting to give her contact and present postal address. Now I was in Australia and I gave her money when I was in India. How can I proceed from Australia? How she have to proceed from USA? Suggest me a better way that I have to follow? You can also suggest me by email on [email protected]

Answers (1)

81 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

If you was in Australia , you can give GPA to any of your friend or family member to file cheque bounce case against the lady in the concern court having jurisdiction. after filing of case court issued summon to that lady to appear before the court if she failed to appear then court will issued non bailable warrant against her. for more information kindly consult me through this website.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles