Filed cheque bounce case, son joint owner.Can I file case against him?

Sir I have to take money from somone, who has died with signatures on his cheques. when I filed cheque bounced cases before MM, who dismissed that signature on cheques is of deceased, although this is joint account of son and father, and both can ooperate this bank ac can I filed civil suit uo XXXVII CPC. can advise any other criminal remdies to recover the amount and amount is Rs.10 lacs i have to owe and can i recover from his legal heirs left behind and dying person has given pronote for recovery this amount from his legal heirs and legal heirs own large properties in delhi. Pls advise suitably

Answers (1)

259 votes

It is unadvisable to file a criminal complaint, as a criminal complaint would not hold against the legal heirs. However, you can fil for Recovery of Suit as you rightly mentioned, u Order XXXVII. The Court will order the amount to be paid through Order XXXVII,and not through Section 138 Negotiable Instruments Act, as the Accused is dead. They may order for the payment of Interest as well.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles