Consecutively two cheques bounced

Sir/Madam one person who is known to me give me a business proposal purpose I have given him 2.5 lakh in 11.01.2016. After some days he has given cheque but the cheque is bounced . The cheque date was 13.06.2016 I have all documents for records & evidence . What should I do. Please advise .

Answers (1)

177 votes

Firstly, you need to deposit the cheque again in the bank and get it bounced again. get the return memo from the bank.
Secondly, once you get the bank return memo, you need to send a legal notice within 15 days from the date of cheque bounce. in case the person does not reply back or give the money then you may file a complaint case against him under section 138 NI act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles