Clarification regarding cheque bounce case

I have supplied a material against 10 days cheque dated 27.12.2017 to a one coimbattore party (dealer). He received the material from us and when we submit the cheque on the date of cheque, he requested to present us 05.01.2018, as he claimed that the Purchase order ( raised by him) mentioned that payment terms is 10 days from date of receipt of the material at his end. On presentation of cheque in our bank on 05.01.2018, the cheuqe got bounced as insufficient funds. Value Cheque is Rs.5,93,250/- Later , Party requested us to make online payment through net transfer. After few days he transferred Rs.1,13,250/- and Rs.1,00,000/- and balance of Rs.3,60,000/- is still due for payment. Daily he is postponing the payment by saying various reasons. Almost 23 days completed as of 28/01/2018), please advice us what action to be taken against him, whether we have to file FIR in the police station or not? Whether cheque validity for filing legal case?

Answers (2)

100 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

You have to file complaint before your local police station for cheating, if local police failed to take any action then you will approach to the court through advocate to filed cheating case. For more details and clarification kindly consult us through this website.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

180 votes

your presented cheque was returned on 05-01-2018 after returning of the cheque, you must Issue legal notice within one month from the date of cheque returned as per law. if the date is lapsed you will present again, Immediately cont..advocate

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles