Cheque got bounced and !38 and 142 filed against me

Dear friend i am 65 yr old lady, i issued one cheque and it got bounced, the complainant has charged me ipc 138 and 142. I want to repay the ammount but in installment monthly wise. I am getting pension of Rs 15000/-. can you help me to get how much money should i contribute legally to the complainant. ( i have two dependant one unmarried daughter 35yr age, and one son mentally challenged age 38yr). I want repay the amount and the same i want to convey to the judge, will the judge convict me and send to the jail or he will allow me to repay the ammount according to my terms and condition. please suggest me some solution to avoid imprisonment and fine.

Answers (1)

89 votes

Approch the complainant and tell him that you are willing to pay the debt/amount in installments. enter into MOU/settlement deed with him/her mentioning the dates and amount that you are willing to pay in installments. hire a counsel and get the MoU drafted according to settled terms amongst you.

put this Mou before Ld. judge.
either you can mention the circumstances before judge, hire a counsel who will guide you in court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles