Cheque dishonoured issuer missing What will happen to his family

Hello, I like to know if a cheque is dishonored and FIR being launched against the issuer of cheque which is an individual, who goes missing and is in list of missing persons then what will happen to his/her family(Son,wife,mother,brother), who knows nothing of such activities? Will they have to face accusation or can be summoned or any other form of notice on his/her behalf? If yes, then how they can avoid such proceeding? Do they have to file for a certificate of having no relation with the issuer of the cheque. What will happen to property owned by his/her relative like mother,wife,son? Will that be seized? Will any action will be taken against the rented office or against the owner of rented place from where he/she operated the office or activities of issuing cheque?

Answers (1)

129 votes

In n I act cheque liability is only issued person ,no any person is liable for dishonour of cheques. So no relative is accountable for dishonour of cheques issued by missing person, if issuing person have firm,off,co. Then that property can attached by court in which missing person was act ad authorities no relative is liable rest on VI's a vice

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles