cheque bounced. What is the procedure for recovery?

cheque bounced what is the procedure for recovery?

Answers (3)

261 votes

Sir you have to issue legal notice n thereafter can either file civil or 138 case against drawer of cheque. In civil u can ask interest too. You can also file both cases simultaneously but have to stamp duty on it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

108 votes

As soon as you receive the memo from banker you have to send legal notice within 30 days demanding amount mentioned in the instrument and if after receipt of notice drawer fails to pay the amount demanded within 15 days you will have to file complaint as per sec. 138 of NIACT within 30 days

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
52 votes


Few steps:

First step- Deposit cheque
If cheque dishonoured, Send notice for payment of cheque amount.
Wait for 15 days after receipt of notice.
If no payment recd still, then file case in criminal court.
In that order.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles