Cheque bounced. Money given. Can he still file a case against me?

I have given a cheque of Rs 3.5 Lacs to one of the person. It is rejected due to my signature mismatch and I stopped the cheque request and I did the transfer 3.5 Lakh funds to the person through net banking. I have not taken the cheque back from the person and he is not ready to return my cheque back to me.

Will I face any problem due to this? Can that person file a case against me with the bad cheque?

The holder of the cheque can file a case against you under the provision of Section-138 of Negotiable Instruments Act. He will send you a legal notice before initiating criminal action.

You can then decide to reply to the legal notice accordingly, mentioning that no liability exists against the given cheque as the amount in question has been paid by an alternate payment mode. You may also attach proof of net banking transaction with your reply.