Cheque bounced fake address given by the person how can I file case

Cheque bounced. Legal notice received. Now he has changed address. I dont have his address to file case. I have all his family photos and his relatives address. Can I file case with the help of their photos n his relatives address?

Answers (2)

318 votes

No you can't file case by keeping photo and his relatives address. Within a stipulated time approach the Magistrate Court and file a complaint under Section.200 of Crpc against the accused and try to search his whereabouts and submit the same to court. Otherwise if you don't have address then give the same address for which you have sent the legal notice for time being while filing the complaint and then at later stage you can ask court to issue proclamation against him. Contact any advocate to do the needful. Meanwhile contact his relatives through some body to know his whereabouts.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

143 votes

You say that legal notice is received by him, If you are having the proof of delivery of legal notice to his address, then that address is enough for filing the case against him. Problem is when you do not have proof of your legal notice reaching him.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles