Cannot receive legal notice for cheque bounce as away from home

I have given cheques as security for my company and resigned the job and my company is asking me to pay a sum of amount in return and as a request I have approached the head office to resolve my issue and talks are still going on but suddenly I got a call that I have received some lawyer notice, as I am not at my home and I didn't received the notice yet and I don't know that notice is about that but what if a notice sent by them and within how many days I need to take the notice what if I didn't take it in a week as I am far from my home now

Answers (1)

306 votes

Dear Sir, As per my knowledge, If any of your members have already taken that notice then you have to reply the notice within fifteen days from the date of receipt of the notice as the notice is from the legal counsel means they are going to file a case under NI ACT as cheque bounce/dishonor and they will file the same within 30 days from the receipt of the legal notice. No clarity on the notice was acknowledged from any of your family members or not.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles