can i deposit an undated cheque to dishonour the cheque

Money loaned in cash(more than 10 lakh in division) to help someone close relative. Now it's been 2 1/2yrs, just promising n fooling delaying repayment, who has issued undated cheque. Now i m considering to deposit the given which wud ultimately bounce n then file criminal complaint after sending legal notice should he fail to settle the payment during legal notice. Seeking advice what should be done to recover money.Will the case would be in my favour once the case is file in court ?

Answers (1)

480 votes

It is suggested that you deposit the cheque and when it gets bounced, you send a legal notice to the concerned person.

If money is not returned within fifteen days then you file a case under 138 of the Negotiable Instrument Act.

That is a recourse for quick recovery of the money. Otherwise you can file a simple recovery suit to get your money back, but that is a lenghty process. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles