Can a 10 years old cheque be misused by someone?

Sir, My younger brother has a blank cheque singned by me undated but 10 years old cheque in old format (not cts)...that bank a/c itself has been closed many years back. Can he fill up any amount and bounce it and I'm liable to pay ? Any punishment if not...

Answers (1)

82 votes

It cannot be used and the system of CTS comes into operation only some four years back and therefore you can prove that the cheque was issued long back and the validity of the cheque is only 3 months and therefore even if it is undated you can very well prove that is was issued long back and therefore it cannot be used.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles