Can lower court not follow the direction's of the high court?

In General Law

The National rifle association and the affiliated rifle clubs are exempted from depositing licenced weapons during election, but the District Election commission (district magistrate) has rejected over request and forced us to surrender the weapons even after the High Court's direction to consider the exemption.

What should we do?

Answers (1)

110 votes

The Election Commission of India vide its letter no. 464/L&O/2?2014/PLN/923 dated 21st March 2014 has exempted NRAI and its members from the restrictions imposed under Election Commission’s order to deposit arms/ammunition with local police authorities.

If the said weapon is confiscated, then you can file a writ petition in the High Court against the Election commission for violation of its notification and seek directions from the court to order the Election commission to release your weapons.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular General Lawyers

Advocate Dhruv Suri
Barakhamba Road, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Dev Datt Palodkar
Cidco, Aurangabad - Maharashtra
22 years Experience
Advocate Ankit Chaturvedi
Safdarjung Development Area, Delhi
10 years Experience
Advocate Pranav Dilavari
Subhash Nagar, Delhi
7 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the General Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."